Diesel Laptops was November’s ACES Insider featured vendor. This innovative diagnostics technology solutions company joined ACES as a Founding Affiliate Vendor on the ground floor and offers the heavy-duty industry (and our members) smart solutions with “Diagnostics done right.”
During last month’s ACES Live webinar series, we got an exclusive VIP Tour of the Diesel Laptops products. Scott Meek, Training Manager, gave us a tour of their complete line of heavy-duty diagnostic hardware, software, and services that makes Diesel Laptops so valuable to the industry. Not only do they provide innovative diagnostic solutions from TEXA and Cojali, but also offer their own Diesel Explorer software, Diesel Repair (the Wikipedia of truck repair), the Diesel Handheld tool, and so much more for many applications in on-highway, construction, agricultural, & marine.
ACES Insider spoke with Scott recently to learn more about Diesel Laptops and their founding association with ACES.
How Diesel Laptops Started
Diesel Laptops was started in 2015, with a single employee working out of a garage to 215 employees currently, to regain balance in the trucking and repair & maintenance industry and help with today’s central issues, such as:
- Lack of available diagnostic software sales
- Lack of solid and readily available technician training
- Lack of technical support
- Need for better access and easy to follow, step by step troubleshooting, wiring schematics, and general repair information
- Need for easy parts lookup (vin-less parts look-up)
Dealers had all the power selling services, OEM software, parts, and training until Diesel Laptops founder Tyler Robertson’s “level-the-playing field” vision became a reality, which was to provide his customers with an all-encompassing shop solution for anyone, even the dealer, that addresses the central issues of the industry.
Four Solid Reasons to Choose Diesel Laptops
Diesel Laptops doesn’t just sell hardware and software. Their core vision is to support the heavy-duty industry as best they can by offering services and support to keep the repair business industry – and ACES member shops – working smarter and more effectively.
- Training: In-person and online classes are available to help customers make the most use of their equipment purchases as well as a variety of topic specific industry classes and seminars.
- Technical and IT support: Professional support as well as diesel technician assistance is provided by a team of 21 IT techs, and 27 diesel techs always on standby to assist customers.
- Engineering: Consists of 50 team members to create new working software packages and to update and support older legacy systems and tools.
- Repair information: Dedicated team in place to create, manage and update service manuals, step by step trouble-shooting procedures, wiring schematics, parts look up, and other solution supporting information.
Diesel Laptops is your complete diagnostic solutions. ACES members receive additional savings off published prices. Call ACES for more details today!